Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cooking for Kyle Korver (Episode 1)

People often ask me what Kyle Korver and other professional athletes that I work with eat.  I prescribe a higher fat and moderate carbohydrate Paleo Diet to all of my athletes.  In my experience this is the absolute best diet to limit inflammation and fuel them for optimal physical and mental performance.  As I transition some athletes away from their traditional (and incorrect) high carbohydrate and low fat diet, I will allow limited use of some wild rices and oatmeal as we eliminate bread and all other grains.  As their body transitions to use fat as its primary fuel source, we eliminate grains completely.  This is absolutely shocking to many people, and the athletes that I work with are even more shocked with how great they feel and perform.  Here is a video to show an exact meal that I prepare for Kyle on a regular basis.

1 comment:

  1. Yams cooked in coconut oil = amazingly delicious. I added a sprinkle of cinnamon on top of mine when the were done cooking. Great recipes!

    ReplyDelete